Grand Rapids, Michigan is a city built on integrity, hard work and craftsmanship. While Grand Rapids may only be the second-largest city in the state, it definitely ranks as the best city and here are just nine reasons why (not to mention Pro-Line – Grand Rapids fence company):
1. The History – Grand Rapids has rich history of industry as well as culture. This is demonstrated through a quick tour of the city’s historical sites, such as The Norton Mound National Historic Landmark, the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum or a visit to the Grand Rapids Public Museum which features wonderful exhibits and an old-fashioned carousal for visitors to ride.
2. The Architecture – A trip to downtown Grand Rapids will, hopefully, take visitors through Heritage Hill, an area between East Grand Rapids and downtown. It is one of the oldest areas in the city and is known for is marvelous display of architecture including the Meyer May House which was designed by famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
3. The Art and the Artistry – Grand Rapids has more than its share of gifted and talented residents. Not only is it home to the Meijer Fredrick Garden and Sculpture Park and the Grand Rapids Art Museum, the once famous Wealthy Theatre is located here as well. As a testament to the talent which springs from Grand Rapids, painters Mathias Alten and Gilbert White were born in the city and artist Shawn Krueger currently resides there.
4. The Music –This city features quality musical entertainment all year round form Jazz in the Park and the Summer Outdoor Concert Series in the warmer seasons to coffee shop jams and indoor concert during the frigid times. The Grand Rapids Symphony Orchestra is outstanding in live concert.
5. The Community and Family Feel – Grand Rapids, of course, has many places for families to take trips, have picnics and just have fun like the John Ball Park Zoo and the Grand Rapids Children Museum. It is also a family-supportive city. Grand Rapids succeeds in providing multiple educational opportunities for its residents, including alternative school options like charter schools, Montessori schools, online learning programs and homeschool support services.
6. The Food – The best food in ton is arguably found at the 1913 Room, a recipient of the AAA Five Diamond Award. However, that is not the only place to find great eats in Grand Rapids. Adobe Mexican Restaurant is one of Grand Rapid residents’ secret wonders. For the best and most unique hot dogs in the state, there is no place better than Yesterdog in East Grand Rapids.
7. The Brews – This city, which tied Asheville, North Carolina for Beer City USA in 2012 accommodates several top breweries including Grand Rapids Brewing Co., Brewery Vivant, Founders Brewing Company and B.O.B’s Brewery in the downtown area.
8. The Fairs and Festivals – Grand Rapids hosts some of the best events in the state including the Festival on the Grand and the Festival of the Arts.
9. The Accommodations – The Grand Rapids hotels are by far some of the best in the Midwest and nothing surpasses the Amway Grand Plaza when it comes to providing a luxury stay. Although, the J.W. Marriot downtown comes pretty close.